Drömtårtan, the Dream Cake is a type of what we in Sweden call “rulltårta” which is similar a Swiss Roll.
You can make rulltårta with many different fillings: with chocolate, buttercream, vanilla cream, berries, lemon curd, Nutella, you name it. One of the more popular ones is rulltårta filled with buttercream, this is what the Swedes call drömtårta, dream cake. Drömtårta is a classic cake which can be served for all and any occasion. It is simple to make and it comes out beautiful.
Lets make it shall we!
All you need is: 3 eggs, 1.5 dl sugar, 0.75 dl potato flour, 2 tbsp of cocoa, 1 tsp baking powder, 100 g of butter, 2 dl icing sugar, 2 tsp of vanilla sugar, 1 egg yolk
1. Set the oven to 250 degrees. Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy.
2. Mix potato flour, sifted cocoa and baking powder.
3. Fold the mixture into the batter.
Spread the batter on a baking paper in a long pan, 30 x 40 cm.
4. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 5 minutes.
5. Turn the cake onto sugared paper. Remove the paper the cake was baked on. Let it cool.
6. Start the buttercream. Stir butter and powdered sugar into the filling.
7. Add vanilla sugar and stir in egg yolk.
8. Spread the filling on the cake and roll it up.
9. Let the dream cake cool for a while before cutting it.