Rhubarb is one of the first plants to wake up in the garden in spring. When almost nothing else that is edible has come to life, rhubarb pops up to say “hej!”. Rhubarb season has been here for a few weeks so what better thing to bake than a classic rhubarb pie!
All you need is: 500 g fresh rhubarb, 1 tbsp potato flour, 1 dl sugar, 1.5 dl oatmeal, 1.5 dl wheat flour, 125 g butter
1. Set the oven to 225 C.
2. Trim and cut the rhubarb into 0.5 cm pieces. Distribute the rhubarb pieces in a pie dish and sprinkle over the potato flour. Shuffle around.
3. Mix sugar, oatmeal and wheat flour in a bowl. Dice the butter and add to the bowl. Pinch everything together into a crumbly dough.
4. Spread the shortcrust pastry over the rhubarb in the pan.
5. Bake the pie in the middle of the oven for about 20 min.
6. Allow the pie to cool slightly and serve with custard or vanilla ice cream and don’t forget to sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Delicious!