This cake is a classic in Denmark and reminds us of the delicious Tosca cake that is very popular in Sweden. You could say that this is a Tosca cake with coconut. The Danish Dream cake is an easy-baked, juicy cake with a crunchy coconut topping, sweetened with brown sugar. You need more than just a few ingredients but it’s all the “easy” ones and many of the things you probably already have at home.
This is what you need: 75 g butter, 4 eggs, 3 dl sugar, 2 dl milk, 4 dl wheat flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp vanilla sugar, 100 g butter, 2.5 dl brown sugar, 0.5 dl milk, 125 g grated coconut.
1. Set the oven to 175°. Melt the butter. Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy.
2. Mix the butter and milk into the egg mixture. Mix flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar. Fold it into the egg mixture.
3. Pour the batter into a greased and breaded form, approx. 24 x 38 cm. Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes.
4. Topping: Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar. Add milk and coconut and mix to a batter.
5. Take the cake out of the oven and raise the oven temperature to 220°. Spread the topping over the cake and bake in the middle of the oven for another 6–8 min. Allow the cake to cool in the tin before removing it and allowing it to cool.